- Housing Improvement: Housing is a basic necessity and a fundamental human right of a person. The Foundation’s main entry point is focused on providing the communities with proper shelter. The beneficiaries contribute to the housing improvements in way of labor.
- Surgical Camps: Tarayana facilitates in organizing two surgical camps every year in collaboration with the Ministry of Health. The two surgical teams that offer their services to the destitute patients are Surgicorp International, U.S.A. in the month of April and Smile Asia in September. By May 2016, the initiative benefited total of 781 patients who underwent corrective surgeries.
- Annual Pilgrimage for Senior Citizen: Every year eight senior citizens are chosen through lucky draw basis from Tarayana sites for pilgrim trip to Bodhgaya accompanied by two of our staff members. This programme was initiated in 2008 to commemorate the Coronation of His Majesty the Fifth Druk Gyalpo.
- Social Inclusion Programme: Tarayana partners with Bussi-En Social Welfare Corporation, Japan, Disable Persons Organization, Draktsho Vocational Training Institute, Ability Bhutan Society and Disabled Person’s Association of Bhutan to plan out exercisable social inclusion strategies to better care for people living with different abilities. The baseline survey to better understand the situation of people living with different ability has been carried out in all the twenty districts and the statistical data analysis is underway.
- Community Radio: The Foundation established the first ever community radio station in the country at Dechenpelri village in Sarpang on 3rd December 2015, followed by the second one in February 2016 at Dorokha village in Samtse. The community members own and operate the stations whereby they make use of the facility for information sharing, news announcements and entertainment purposes.