Tarayana Rural Craft Outlets
Tarayana Rural Crafts (TRC) is an initiative of the Tarayana Foundation, established to support rural artisans in product development and marketing of craft products. The enterprise was born out of the Foundation’s livelihood interventions in the most remote villages of Bhutan, as a means of sustainable & fair income generation options for the rural poor.
The TRC has been providing services to the artisans & Self Help Groups (SHGs) through skills development training, financial literacy, product enhancement through improved techniques and marketing of products.
More than 60 SHGs and 100 artisans from all over the country are engaged in organized production of about 8 different product categories with more than 30 distinct product lines.
The overall objective of the Tarayana Rural Crafts is “the promotion of the welfare of the rural artisans and their skills, providing them better facilities for self sustained income and generation of employment; thereby uplifting the economic opportunity of the artisans in Bhutan”
The specific objectives are to:
- To facilitate the enhancement of the skills of the artisans and revive the traditional and cultural heritage of traditional art, skills and designs;
- To provide facilities for the generation of employment and income of the rural people of Bhutan;
- To facilitate the marketing of the products of the rural artisans, thereby ensuring sustained, adequate and secured livelihoods;
- To generate awareness and recognition of the work of the rural artisans.
The Tarayana Rural Crafts outlets are currently located at the following locations:
- The Tarayana Rural Crafts Center, Norzin Lam, Thimphu
- The Folk Heritage Museum handcraft shop, Kawangjangsa, Thimphu
- Paro International Airport, Paro
Our products can also be obtained at the Lungta Handicrafts at Changlam, and the Termalinca Resort & Spa.
Contact us at:
Tarayana Rural Crafts Center, Norzin Lam, Thimphu. Phone – +975 2339510, email – email@example.com
Tarayana Foundation, Chang Lam, Chubachu, Thimphu Phone – +975 2329333, fax – +975 2331433