The 2013 Annual Restorative Surgery Camp in coordination with the Ministry of Health & Surgicorp International. This year, a total of 50 procedures were carried out from the 106 patients who turned up for the screening process. Majority of the cases were of Hare Lip & Cleft Palate. Patients came from all twenty Dzongkhags & the majorities were from the remote communities of the Eastern Dzongkhags. Besides the surgery, a knee injection was also carried out for those with knee problems. A total of 165 senior citizens received this injection.
The 20th Board Meeting was held on the 11th of April 2013 at Tarayana Centre, Thimphu. The meeting was chaired by the Hon'ble President, Her Majesty the Queen Mother Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck. Our esteemed board members including HRD Ashi Sonam Dechan Wangchuck and Our Executive members attended the meeting. Tarayana would like to extend our deepest gratitude to all our Board & executive committee members for the much needed guidance & support rendered in our journey to serve the people & Communities.
Tarayana trained 20 young, out-of-school girls for three months, the first two months was an extensive training on ECCD and the last month, as attachments with some of the daycare centres in Thimphu in order for them to learn all the aspects of being an ECCD Facilitator from the practicality. They were trained by volunteers who are experts in the fields of Early Childcare and related issues.
- Microfinance Models & Operations and Financial Literacy
- Results Based Management Training
- Food processing, weaving and Self Help Group Management Training
- FK Midterm Review Meeting
- Help us to serve underserved in rural Bhutan
- Training on Eco-stoves Fabrication
- The Seal of Quality Award
- Bussi-en Team meets Tarayana Rural Artisans
- Weaving Training in Lotokuchu
- Training in Handmade Paper Products
- Exposure Visit and Training at the Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore
- Cultural Troops from Ngalatrong and Lotokuchu
- Surgicorps International Honoured
- 9th Annual Tarayana Fair
- 7th Annual Surgical Camp On